New Year’s Resolutions..
We all make promises to ourselves on New Year’s Eve that we know we’re never going to keep… You know the ones, lose weight, quit smoking, get a new job, save up for that dream vacation, the list goes on…
The lofty ones are the worst - the old “this year I’m going to make a difference to the world” is one with the best intentions at heart, but the more far fetched and non essential to your daily routine your goal is, the easier it is to let slip by…
“I am simply too busy to change the world… Gotta get the dry-cleaning done,” you utter to yourself in early January…
Don’t feel guilty about your desire to save your vintage Chanel from that red wine stain, we’ve all been there! (Well maybe it’s more Zara than Chanel but you know what I mean!)
Interestingly enough, 2012 for me is looming as one of those life changing years… I’m getting married, starting my own business and vowing to be healthy, wealthy and wise through it all.. Of course I’m not counting on it all going exactly to plan, things rarely do, but I am counting on having some fashionable fun along the way…
The beginning of the year has that wonderful ability to put a sparkly new shine on things, no matter how annoying or frustrating they seemed just days earlier… It’s always fun to start fresh with an extravagant and fabulously OTT outlook on life.
So with that in mind (and the boring musings on life out of the way,) here are my oh-so-achievable new years resolutions for 2012…
- Edit, edit, edit. (Seriously, if you saw my wardrobe you’d know what I mean…)
- Wear a statement piece of jewelry at least 4 times a week. I know I’ve said it before but you can never have too much bling.
- Learn how to wallpaper.
- Actually wear all of the sequin boleros I’ve been collecting instead of just admiring them from afar.
- Colour Block.
- Shop at Gorman more. Their amazing clashing prints and vibrant pops of colour are enough to brighten even the darkest mood.
- De-clutter. As a hoarder I’m already regretting this one… How could I possibly part with my hundreds of snow globes from every travel destination I’ve ever been to?! (Yes I’m one of THOSE people.)
- Try to buy less pink. - Remember to water my pot plants. (oh god, if only you knew…)
- Take better care of my shoes (all 98 pairs of them.)
- Add more local designers to my wardrobe.
- Cut my hair.
- Limit ASOS orders to once a fortnight. (I can already see this one failing.)
- Experiment with flats, (coming from the girl who wears heels to the supermarket.)
- Light more candles (you might think this is very philosophical but no, I mean literally, I want to have more scented candle lightage in my apartment…)
- Try not to go to every single sample sale in Melbourne.
- Failing the previous resolution, try not to buy something at every single sample sale in Melbourne.
- Eat out more often.
- Get a spray tan (I am possibly the only 25-35 year old woman in Melbourne yet to try this one…)
- Write more blogs. Guess I’m off to a good start!
Bring on 2012!